McDonald’s is one of the oldest fast food companies in the world, founded in 1940 operated by Richard and Maurice McDonald, in San Bernardino, California, United States. Starting from a single outlet in the U.S. to reaching having thousands of outlets across the globe, McDonald’s restaurants are found in 120 countries and territories around the world catering to millions of customers each day. Also by revenue McDonald’s is the world’s largest restaurant chain. McDonald’s predominantly sells burgers i.e. both vegetarian & non vegetarian, also sells wraps French fries, soft drinks, milkshakes, coffee, breakfast items, and desserts. Products are offered as either “dine-in” or “take-out”. “Eat-in” meals are provided on a plastic tray with a paper insert on the floor of the tray. “Take-out” meals are usually delivered with the contents enclosed in a distinctive McDonald’s-branded brown paper bag.
Advertising at McDonald’s is a marketing opportunity like no other and provides an apt platform to a brand to connect with its TG. McDonald’s invites people of different age groups to gather and spend time together.
1. McDonald’s outlets are located at prime locations in various cities across the country and drive huge amount of traffic.
2. People spend a great deal of time hanging out at McDonald’s thus guaranteeing maximum amount of eyeballs for the advertisements or promotions put up by brands.
3. Often people visiting McDonald’s do so in groups, which means a chain effect is quite likely to occur when a particular brand is noticed and discussed upon.
4. It provides the luxury of knowing the audience demographics and hence providing a ready-made base of consumes information and responds to it in a qualitative manner.
5. Huge network of outlets throughout the country hence country wide campaigns & hyperlocal campaigns can be carried out with complete ease.
6. Provides eye level communication with the relevant TG.
The above stated reasons are convincing enough for a brand to advertise in McDonald’s. This medium is effective and provides a brand with a numerous touch points to interact with its TG. This is a big opportunity for brand to use this medium and create brand awareness or generate brand recall.